Did you know?
- Total Highland City trails: 17.94 miles
- Total neighborhood option trails: 4.68 miles or 26.1% of all Highland trails (these are the ones at risk)
- Wimbleton is 6% of the trails in Highland.
- Selling the Wimbleton trails would be the first time Highland has sold trails that are regularly used
- Same councilman who lives in Wimbleton has been leading the Open Space Committee for years, before he was on council, and was instrumental in labeling Wimbleton as an “optional” trail.
- Trails are are owned by the city
- In 2019, the city received $100,000 to add to the trail budget, which will more than triple the previous budget.
- What is a lame duck vote?
- <add more>
It is ironic that the same council members who proposed add a $8.00 per month park fee as part of a last minute change to public safety fee, are now very concerned that such a fee or tax would be implemented if we don’t sell the open space and trails. This happened at the June 18th meeting.
https://youtu.be/n3BXd9bL7sA?t=2554(starts at 40:34)